.

A little bit of cyber-space for me post layouts I create with the wonderful kits made by some very talented designers.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm Finally Back Or Oh How Times Change !!!!!!!!

When last I was here I was a single working woman paying off my own house, living a bit of a hermit like existence with my cat. Sad in some ways I know but I actually did enjoy the serenity of being able to scrap, cook, sew, control my own tv(lol) and renovate my little castle without having to worry about waking others......................Oh how times change.
I have now been married just over a year, I sold my darling little house and started the year taking a leave of abscence from my much loved job. Now it may sound like I'm not too happy about he turns my life has taken and I guess in some ways you'd be right. I love that I married the man of my dreams, the on again off again man that I had finally walked away from several years ago and had written him off as "not the one". Well to cut a long story short, girl leaves boy, boy wakes up to himself, boy chases girl, girl finally crumbles, boy and girl start to live happily ever after............... That was the plan.
Twelve months to the day of our reconciliation we had cause to rush my now husband to the emergency room, he had been spotting blood 2 days previous but on this day it was alarmingly heavy. We had seen his Dr the day before but he assured us there was no need to panic and as we were already waiting for a colonoscopy it there was a problem it would be picked up. Wrong !!!
I followed my darling as he rode in an ambulance to the hospital, 8 hours later (2am to be exact)and after a truckload of tests they woke us with the news that my darling had a large mass in his sigmoid-colan and a few areas of concern on his liver and his lungs.
Cancer!!!!! He was 44 when diagnosed.
The 3 prior days of spotting was the only sign that there was a problem.
This was 6 weeks after I had finally agreed to accept my mans marriage proposal and the beautiful man that he is uttered 2 words to me as Dr's delivered this horrific news. He clung to me tightly and said " I'm Sorry". Something that was so selfless and gut-wrenching that I will never forget it.
He commenced his Radium and Chemo treatment straight away with the radium to last 6 weeks followed by 6 weeks of waiting for side effects to abate before we could see if these treatments had any impact. We decided that in this 6 week waiting period we would follow through on our plans to marry, just 9 months earlier than we had originally planned, but also before we had to face any test results good or bad. We planned our wedding in 3 1/2 weeks, I tell you what when time is a factor you make your choices and you stick to them, now I know what makes bridezilla's, too long a planning period with time allowing too many changes and possible stuff ups.
We had a fabulous day, everything that a girl could ever wish for, the man of my dreams, our families and our friends. Just Devine.
Unfortunely the scan results were not what we wanted to hear, a small response to the radium but not enough removing the option of surgery. So I'm not going to talk time-frames because we don't believe in them but they love throwing them out there, which shits me to tears frankly. (Pardon Me) So here we are just over 18months later, radium, chemotherapy, countless MRI and CT scans, blood cultures, pokings and prodings and my darling is still fighting the fight.
I have had to take extended leave from my work as my darling now requires supervision at all times, something I wish I had been able to do earlier, just for the time together, but we needed to be set up financially enough for me to be at home. So I am now and I get to spoil my darling everyday and I treasure each and every moment. My darling is sleeping a lot more theses days and I try to find ways to unwind that are not going to wake him so I have finally gotten back into my computer and decided to scrap our wedding photos. Wow I say to the change in direction that digi-scrapping has taken since I've been away. I think I am going to enjoy my trips, "Scrap-Booking Land" my little bit of solice. So I have some updating to do on my blog I gather, sites gone and new ones to add. A wonderful task I am sure. So before I go, a wedding picture to share, my Darling Husband Shane and Lil Old Megan. Be back real soon, got wedding kits to survey, Violets,Black and White here I come, feel free to point me in the right direction.......lol

Byessssss

No comments: